BalancedGaitTest (0.11) is in the test and development stage. It must be used under the criteria and responsibility of therapists. Comments that help us to improve the tool are welcome.
- Daniel Sanchez-Valdes, Alberto Alvarez-Alvarez, Gracian Trivino. Walking pattern classification using a granular linguistic analysis. Applied Soft Computing 33: 100-113, 2015.
- Daniel Sanchez-Valdes and Gracian Trivino. Computational Perceptions of uninterpretable data. A case study on the linguistic modeling of human gait as a quasi-periodic phenomenon. Fuzzy Sets and Systems 253 (2014) 101-121.
- Alberto Alvarez-Alvarez and Gracian Trivino. Linguistic description of the human gait quality. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, 26(1):13–23, January 2013.
- Alberto Alvarez-Alvarez, Gracian Trivino, and Oscar Cordón. Human gait modeling using a genetic fuzzy finite state machine. Fuzzy Systems, IEEE Transactions on, 20(2):205–223, April 2012.
- Gracian Trivino, Alberto Alvarez-Alvarez, and Gonzalo Bailador. Application of the computational theory of perceptions to human gait pattern recognition. Pattern Recognition, 43(7):2572–2581, July 2010
Main changes list among versions
– Fix problems to recognize several gait types.
– Now the Test duration can be modified by using the setting “number of cycles to analyze”.
– Now detailed data are sent by Internet to the Private Area where they are showed in a table.
– An important improvement in the algorithm allows to obtain more stable parameters, i.e., when the Test is repeated by the same person in similar conditions the results are similar.
– Now parameters in the diagram correspond with frontal accelerations and the swing phase. Experimentation shows these parameters are relevant to distinguish between pathological and healthy gaits.
– The first functional version of Private Area is available. It includes a printable report that can be delivered to the patient.
– Translations to Spanish and English are completed.
– Updated to Android 8.0
– The user interface design is improved.
– The sound volume is handled from the phone external push button.
– Some problems when sharing the accelerometers with other APPs are solved.
– The user interface has been improved.
– In certain irregular gaits the measures have been improved.
– A new measure, so called, “Dynamical Stability” has been included into the detailed report.