Balanced Gait Test
- Set the patient facing a rect, plain corridor with room enough for walking a minimun of 20 steps.
- Using a belt support, firmly fix the phone on the body with the screen centered and vertical towards the walking direction.
- Explain the patient must walk with decision maintaining a comfortable velocity.
- Push to start a new Test.
- Wait the end of the first three beeps to start walking.
- The Test finishes with a beep after the programmed number of cycles have been measured.
- If needed, send the Test to the therapist’s Private Area.
The main screen presents a list of available Test.
The result of each Test includes a linguistic report, a diagram and functions to share the results.
Subscribed users can access to more detailed results and additional functions.
Experiment with the tool
Try yourself to find out in which degree your own gait is balanced. Note that, in a first imprecise approach, you could carry the phone with your hands.
Obtain a belt bag
In order to use the instrument adequately, the smartphone must be fixed in the waist using a belt.
Here you can find an example of comercial product.
Professional use of Balanced Gait
If you are a therapist interested in a professional use of the tool you can register as a therapist in the Private Area.
Your patients can upload their Test to your Private Area and you can follow their evolution in remote mode.