Balanced Gait Test
- Set the patient facing a rect, plain corridor with room enough for walking a minimun of 20 steps.
- Using a bag belt, firmly fix the phone with the screen centered and vertical towards the walking direction.
- Explain the patient must walk with decision maintaining a comfortable velocity.
- Push the ⊕ button to start a new Test.
- Wait the end of the first three beeps to start walking.
- The Test finishes with a beep that sounds after the programmed number of cycles have been measured.
The main screen presents a list of the available Tests.
The result of each Test includes a linguistic report, a diagram and functions to share the results.
Subscribed users can access to more detailed results and additional functions.
Experiment with the tool
Try yourself to find out in which degree your own gait is balanced. Note that, in a first but imprecise approach, you could carry the phone with your hands.
Obtain a belt bag
In order to use the instrument adequately, the smartphone must be firmly fixed on the waist using a bag belt.
Here you can find an example of comercial product.
Professional use of Balanced Gait
If you are a therapist, you can register as a therapist in the Private Area.
In Private Area you have tools to manage your patients database. Your patients can upload their Test results to your Private Area and you can follow their evolution in remote mode. In addition you can print the Balanced Gait Test reports.