Balanced Gait Test
- Set the patient facing a rect, plain corridor with room enough for walking a minimun of 20 steps. Although the result may worsen a bit, it is allowed to that the patient to turn and walk the corridor twice.
- Using a bag belt, firmly fix the phone with the screen centered and vertical towards the walking direction (see photo).
- Explain to the patient that should walk with decision maintaining a comfortable velocity.
- Push button ⊕ and then Start to perform a new Test.
- Wait three beeps to start walking (review the phone settings of sound if needed).
- The Test finishes with a beep that sounds after measuring the programmed number of cycles.
The main screen presents a list of available Tests.
The results of each Test include a linguistic report, a diagram and functions to share them.
Subscribed users can access to more detailed results and additional functions.
Experiment with the tool
Try yourself to find out in which degree your own gait is balanced. Note that, in a first but imprecise approach, you could carry the phone with your hands.
Obtain a belt bag
In order to use the instrument adequately, the smartphone must be firmly fixed on the waist using a bag belt.
Here you can find an example of comercial product (in US).
Professional use of Balanced Gait
If you are a therapist, you can register (free) as a therapist in the Private Area.
In Private Area you manage your patients database. Your patients can upload their Test results to your Private Area and you can follow their evolution in remote mode. In addition you can print the Balanced Gait Test reports.